Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Game #2: No Goals, No Assists, 4 Penalty Minutes

This time we won 7-3.

Getting more comfortable out there. The team we played was more my speed (not as good). On one shift, I saw the puck come around the back of the net, skated hard after it, ended up colliding with a guy from the other team along the boards, we were both somewhat out of control.  I got a penalty for that, he got a penalty for cross checking me in retaliation. If I was sturdier on my feet, he probably wouldn't have gotten the penalty, cuz I went down pretty quickly.

Our line consisted of two brand new wingers, and a pretty good defensive center. So our goal was to just be an energy line. Get the puck deep, dont turn it over in the neutral zone, play good defense. Which I think we did okay with, but our D-men kept pinching and I was out there for two goals against because of outnumbered rushes.

I had some time with the puck in the offensive zone. Had two shots on goal, but nothing really close. Skated with the puck a little bit, but thats what need to improve the most. Played some good defense, used my stick to prevent a shot on goal on one odd manned rush against us.

I wasn't as gassed this time, but I was skating harder than last game. I sure am sore this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment