Sunday, April 24, 2011

Report #2 Yay Kings!

Last night the Kings survived elimination, which means at least one more Kings game for me to attend before the season ends. Hopefully it'll be a win, I'd hate to see another opposing team win the series in our house. Last year visiting Canucks fans made me really mad with the "Na Na Na Hey Hey Hey, Goodbye" chant. I'm buying a bag of peanuts at the beginning of the third so I have something to throw at Sharks fans if they start that shit.

Anyways, back to the issue at hand. My progression. I skated yesterday and I was able to kind of stop. My friend Justin was helping me figure it out. Started out by just shaving ice with my right foot. Holding on to the boards and just pushing my right foot out. The key seems to be keeping my edges kind of flat on the ice, I always assumed you dig your edges in, but that just seems to make you stick in the ice. The more I rolled my foot outward, the more natural the slide would feel. I slowly started to apply it while skating around the rink. By the end of the session I could stop fairly consistently using my right foot out in front of me. It's not a hockey stop, but I dont feel like that's too far away.

It wasn't all Guns N' Roses though, I did fall again. This time I landed on my hip, and I have the bruise to prove it. I think I need falling practice, cuz I think my falls are looking rather wild, like Im trying too hard to stay up. Hopefully when I get fully padded up I'll get more accustomed to falling.

I ordered a ton of equipment over the weekend, if it shows up by Wednesday and work doesn't get in the way, I'm going to try to sign up for a Beginners Hockey Skating class at the Valley Ice Center. Thats all for now, Happy Easter.

In case you're interested, heres what I got. Still waiting for that sponsorship Bauer. This is getting expensive, so I better follow through.
Bauer Supreme ONE75 Senior Ice Hockey Pants - Royal
CCM U+ Fit07 Senior Hockey Elbow Pads
Bauer Vapor X:40 Senior Hockey Shoulder Pads
Bauer Vapor Core compression jock shorts
2 Pair CCM Hockey Socks
2 CCM 252 Heat Senior Wood Sticks
Kamazu Practice jersey
Clear Shin Tape
Bauer Senior Hockey Bag
A&R Tuff Terry Ice Hockey Skate Soakers

1 comment: