Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Stick Time and general busyness

Went to stick time last night in Pasadena. Concentrated on stopping and getting comfortable with sliding my edges. Still out of shape and my back started to ache within the first few minutes, but I fought through it because I was having so much fun. Skated pretty much the entire hour, but was definitely fatigued by the end of the session. Not as sore today, but tomorrow will be the real test.

Got a bike!!!! Its sitting in my living room waiting to be ridden, but showed up without a seat clamp bolt. So I could ride it, but Id be swiveling around the hills of Pasadena. It's very clear I need to do something about my stamina, maybe I'll go to a bike shop after work tomorrow.

I'd like to skate at least once a week to make sure I progress at a decent rate, but work and house stuff have prevented that. Fortunately my big project is over and the house is in decent shape, so that stuff should stop getting in the way any day now.

Got another couple sticks from hockey monkey, but THOSE ARE SHORT TOO!!! Senior sticks, I made sure of it when ordering, but they just showed up short again. I need to buy my sticks in person or this is gonna get expensive. I think I should get into the hockey equipment biz.

No comments:

Post a Comment